Port Moody Ecological Society’s (PMES) Social Media Policy
Social Media Definition
• Social media includes Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media approved by the Board.
Social Media Goals
• Social media serves as a venue for direct communication, engagement, and dialogue with the community, stakeholders, and the public-at-large.
• To promote the retention of existing audience and growth of expanded audience.
• Social media communications will be respectful, fun, engaging, informative, interesting, and will be geared to promote the betterment of the Port Moody Ecological Society including the Fingerling Festival and Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup.
Social Media Target Audience
• Festival attendees
• Potential festival attendees (e.g. schools, community groups, cultural groups, etc.)
• Content communicated through social media will be respectful, relevant to the Port Moody Ecological Society, and appropriate for all ages.
• Offensive or inappropriate content originating from social media in relation to the Port Moody Ecological Society and will be moderated. We reserves the right to edit or remove any comments in its sole discretion, including but not limited to profanity, ethnic slurs, disparaging or inappropriate language, religious or political discussions, or irrelevant materials.
• Social media resources will not be used to discuss or debate contentious issues. Avoid online fights and hostile personalities. The President and Board have sole authority to deal with contentious issues and to determine the course of action in response to such incidents.
• Individuals authorized to post on behalf of the Port Moody Ecological Society are responsible for the content of their communication and will uphold the image and reputation of the Port Moody Ecological Society.
Following, “Favouriting”, and “Subscribing”
• Our decision to “follow,” “favourite” or “subscribe” to another social media account does not imply an endorsement of that account, channel, page or site, and neither does sharing (re-tweeting, reposting or linking to) content from another user.
Who Has Access
• Individuals approved by the Port Moody Ecological Society’s Board of Directors.
• Volunteers selected and granted access by the Board of Directors.
• The President and Board of Directors have authority to revoke social media access.
• The President and Board of Directors will direct, approve, and authorize social media communications in the event of emergency situations.
Approved: April 10, 2016